Trust Pilot
Make a Claim telephone icon Menu

Student Visa

What are the different types of Student Visa?

The various Student Visa types include the:

  • Tier 4 (General) Student Visa
  • Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa
  • Short-term Study Visa

Am I eligible to apply for a Student Visa?

The first step to take when considering the application for a Student Visa is to find the right education institution and course to suit your ambitions, and that is happy to sponsor you for the duration of your stay. An unconditional offer of a position on a course must have been received. It is also a requirement that a student must be able to read, write and speak English.

How do I apply for a Student Visa?

Student Visas must be applied for under the UK Border Agency’s points based system that decides on eligibility and there is a fee that must be paid to the government. Also, any foreign citizen wishing to enter the UK to study must ensure that they have sufficient funds to both pay for their course fees and to be able to survive.

The required points can be summarised as:

Requirement Points
Have an offer on an approved course at an education provider 30
Have the sufficient funds to pay for study and self-maintenance 10

Our immigration law department can also help you with:

  • Leave to remain under your existing Tier 4 visa
  • Appealing against a decision of rejection made on your Tier 4 visa application

Call the immigration department at Asons Solicitors on 01204 894 866 between 9am and 5pm for assistance with obtaining your student visa.

We'll call you for..


For FREE advice on your next steps call us on

01204 894 866 (mon - fri 9am to 5pm)